GCconnex bookmarks are shortcuts to other online content. Bookmarks can be shared both outside and inside GCconnex groups and are a great way to alert your colleagues or group members to content of interest or relevance.
How to access and create personal bookmarks
Select the Bookmark icon on the top right corner of the page.
Click the Add a bookmark button to add a new bookmark.
In the Title box, enter the name of your bookmark.
In the Address of the bookmark, enter the URL of your bookmark.
In the Description box, briefly explain what your bookmark is about.
For Access, select either:
- Only me: Only you can see this content – no other GCconnex user can view this content.
- My Colleagues on GCconnex only: Only the GCconnex members you have added as your colleagues on GCconnex can see this content.
- Users logged in to GCconnex only: Anyone with a GCconnex account can see this content while logged in.
When all changes are made, click Tag and Create. A pop-up window will appear where you can add your bookmark to a Community and add Tags (keywords that would describe your bookmark).
When you are finished click Publish.
How to view site bookmarks
Click the Bookmark icon on the top right corner of the page.
From this page, you can view All site bookmarks. Use the filters to sort the bookmarks based on who created the bookmark: All, Mine, and Colleagues.
- All: displays the bookmarks from all GCconnex users with the most recently posted listed at the top.
- Mine: displays the bookmarks that you have added on GCconnex.
- Colleagues: displays the bookmarks that your colleagues have added.
How to access and create group bookmarks
Start on the activity page of the group.
Click on the More tab to reveal a drop-down menu. Select Bookmarks.
Select Add a Bookmark
Add a title
Add the address of the bookmark.
Add a description for your bookmark.
Select access settings.
Click Tag and Create.
A pop-up window will appear where you can add your bookmark to a Community and add Tags (keywords that would describe your bookmark).
Click Publish to share the bookmark in the group.